Marketing & Communications Consultant, BMO for Women
Connect on Linkedin | Visit BMO For Women website
Experienced professional in marketing, strategic planning, community engagement, program development and marketing research. Recognized for asking the right strategic questions to drill down to key issues. Enjoys thorny challenges and employing strategy and insights to create innovative solutions. Superior people person with a team-based approach that is collaborative and motivating. Working with a team of positive and passionate people is preferred. A health and fitness enthusiast!
- Strategic thinker and planner
- Communications strategist
- Passion for brands and consumer understanding
- Creative / Innovative
- Superior analytical skills
- Thoughtful leader
- Self motivated
- Fast learner
- Strong attention to detail
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT, BMO for Women
BMO Financial Group, March 2017 – present
Focused on growing our presence with women, BMO has identified opportunities for business development with Women Investors and Women Business Owners. Responsible for developing and implementing a strategic and integrated marketing and communications plan for the BMO for Women program.
HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION, 2014 – Aug 2016
Manager, Program Development
Responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans for the Jump Rope for Heart program. This is a flagship program for the Heart and Stroke Foundation which raises $12 -$15 million annually.
- Increased program revenue by 13% last year in a declining market with increasingly tough economic conditions.
- Managed the launch of a new online gift card redemption site which increased online revenue by +74%. Online revenue is a focus of growth for the Foundation.
- Identified cost efficiencies across the program which resulted in savings of over $300,000.
- Spearheaded, managed and executed a comprehensive targeted communications plan to key stakeholders incorporating best practices using triggered and centrally deployed emails/enewsletters. Results exceeded expectations in open rates and click through rates.
- Analyzed, researched and developed incentive structures to motivate participants behaviour and maximize fundraising.
- Conducted deep-dive analysis on key business metrics across all Jump events and recommended action plans to drive revenue.
- Responsible for all marketing collateral, website copy, videos, and key messaging to engage key stakeholders and donors.
- Worked with internal team to revamp, streamline and transition the Jump website to a new fundraising platform (Luminate Online) which improved user experience for fundraising, registering, and accessing key program information.
- Established revenue targets and managed budgets to deliver on key priorities.
HEADS UP 2011 – 2014
Director, Brand Development
heads up is a boutique qualitative marketing research and brand consulting company. Worked with clients to develop research objectives, refine recruitment needs, prepare strategic recommendations.
- Developed comprehensive research reports to uncover crucial insights and implications for the brand strategy to ultimately drive a clients’ business.
- Moderated small research groups and internal strategic sessions.
- Re-launched the heads up company website and initiated monthly online blog program.
- Identified and developed new business opportunities, prepared and presented credentials.
EMBRACE HEALTH, 2006 – 2012
Launched and operated a nutrition consultation practice which focused on youth sports nutrition.
- Provided nutritional assistance to a variety of clients with various health /athletic concerns/needs.
- Researched and authored two comprehensive sports nutrition manuals.
- Conducted Sports Nutrition Seminars for a variety of youth athletic teams.
- Taught impactful nutrition classes to students in Grades 1 through 12 throughout the GTA.
- Provided strategic consultation for Golf Town on the feasibility of offering health/wellness products.
- Schulich Executive Education Centre, York 2013
- Strategic Brand Management & Product Marketing course
- Creative Problem Solving Institute 2011
- Springboard to Creative Problem Solving course
- Canadian School of Natural Nutrition 2006
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist (RHN) designation
- Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University 1987
- Honours Business Administration (HBA) degree
Sports: hockey, running, cycling, snowshoeing. Travel, reading, cooking and of course my family and freinds!