Applications are now closed.
Thank you to all those who applied. Information about this year’s participants is available starting September 11, 2017.
If you are looking for a unique way to share your ideas and passion in front of an audience as well as hone your presentation skills, we suggest you sign up for this year’s session. IGNITE® WBE is a fast-paced, thought-provoking presentation format that educates and entertains. But it’s more than just a fun exercise. It will be a highly effective way of testing a new idea, spreading the word on a successful project and/or program, gauging audience reaction to a new way of presenting important information and refining your speaking skills.
What is IGNITE® WBE?
- It’s a passion pitch – it is not a sales pitch
- 3-5 speakers will be profiled during a 40-minute session
- Each presentation is exactly 5 minutes long consisting of 20 slides per speaker that will advance automatically every 15 seconds
- Each presentation should be focused on themes of being a woman business entrepreneur, supplier diversity opportunities, corporate procurement, or leadership.
- Presentations will be made in front of an audience of your peers
- July 11, 2017: Applications Open
- August 8, 2017: Applications Close (a panel of selected judges will select those to participate live at Innovate & Ignite 2017) *deadline extended till August 20th*
- August 26, 2017: WBE Canada will start to notify Successful Presenters
- September 5, 2017: Presentation Slides Due * this is a final deadline for ppt presentations to be submitted in specified format, any not received by this date will be removed from event *
- September 28, 2017: IGNITE® WBE session during conference
Ignite® is a fast-paced, fun, thought-provoking presentation format that educates and entertains. It was originally developed by O’Reilly Media and has been enthusiastically received in more than 100 countries.
Browse some IGNITE® past videos done by others around the world.